• Wall Buddies keeps pictures level and flush to the wall while adding strength and stability to frames
• The sawtooth edge of Wall Buddies Hangers allows the frame to be easily leveled on the special wall hooks without lifting the frame off the wall. Once adjusted, the frame will remain level and snug to the wall.
• Wood-framed pictures must be at least 6" wide to use Wall Buddies for frames up to 24" x 30"
• Small Wall Buddies will support up to 30 pounds
The Wall Buddies hanging system is a variation on--and a substantial improvement over--traditional sawtooth hangers.
All models of Wall Buddies Hangers are attached to the back of the frame at the top corners. Each set comes with two special wall hooks that catch and hold the sawtooth edges of the Wall Buddies Hangers and hold the frame tight to the wall.
The sawtooth edge of Wall Buddies Hangers allows the frame to be easily leveled on the special wall hooks without lifting the frame off the wall. Once adjusted, the frame will remain level and snug to the wall.
Another unique benefit of using Wall Buddies Hangers is that the hangers strengthen the upper corners of the picture frame, acting like corner braces and eliminating the stress on frame rails and corner joints that standard hook & wire hanging can produce on certain types of frames. This feature is particularly beneficial when hanging a large picture with a narrow frame, or any frame where potential frame stress from hook & wire hanging is an issue.
Wall Buddies Hangers are also a good choice for long or odd-size frames where standard hook & wire hanging methods would create too much outward lean of the picture from the wall.
We supply six (6) #4 x 3/8" screws with each set of small Wall Buddies. It is not always necessary to use all of the screws supplied -often four screws are sufficient on the small wood frame version. We supply the maximum number of screws possible to use with each set for those who want to be extra prudent.
Always double check to make sure that the Wall Buddies screw length you use will not break out on the front face of your frames when the hangers are installed.
Reducing the length of hanger screws also reduces hanger holding power. Use shorter than standard screws only when absolutely necessary to avoid break out.
1) Place the frame face-down on a blanket or soft surface.
2) Install Wall Buddies Hangers on the back side of the frame at the top corners, just in from the edges of the frame, using the screws provided. Left and right hangers are marked. Depending on the weight of the frame, it may not be necessary to use all screws. Always pre-drill pilot holes for screws to prevent wood splitting.
3) Measure the distance between the arrow marks on the left and right hangers.
4) Nail the two special Wall Buddies wall hooks into the wall, spaced apart at this same distance and as level as possible. The wall hook nails should be located on the wall approximately about 1" down for the small Wall Buddies.
5) Hang the frame so that the sawtooth edges of each Wall Buddies Hanger rests on the exposed shank of the nail inside the special wall hooks.
6) With a slight lifting motion, slide the frame left or right to level it.