Narrow two-hole strap photo hangerfor wood frames. Supports up to 15 lbs
The ring is 5/8" wide, the strap, itself, is 3/8" wide, and the total length of the strap and ring is 1 3/4".
Pack includes (2) #6 x 1/2" screws for each small strap picture hanger
Steel D ring held by a doubled-over steel strap with multiple screw holes to reduce possibility of the screw tearing out
Can be used as the art hanger or in conjunction with picture wire
1) Place the frame face down on a blanket or soft surface.
2) Strap hangers can be used in conjunction with heavy Picture Wire on larger, heavier wood frames.
3) When used with wire, strap hangers should be installed on the frame side rails, between one-quarter and one-third of the way down from the top of the picture.
4) Measure and mark this distance equally on both side rails.
5) If the frame width allows, position the hangers in alignment with the angle the picture wire will take when the frame is hung and the wire is under tension.
6) Pre-drill all screw holes to avoid splitting the wood of the frame. Take care not to drill through to the front surface of the frame.
7) Install the strap hangers on the frame with appropriate length screws.
8) If using wire, attach heavy picture wire to the hangers.
9) Leave enough slack in the wire so that when it is pulled taut up against the back of the frame, the center point of the wire reaches about half the distance between the hanger position and the top of the frame.
10) Hang the picture on heavy Picture Hooks or wall anchors.
NOTE: Strap hangers can also be used without picture wire. Align frame hangers vertically at the top corners of the frame. Place the rings of the hangers directly on picture hooks previously nailed into the wall. Be sure to place strap hangers down far enough from the top edge of the frame to allow the frame to hide the picture hooks when the picture is hung on the wall.
When used in this manner, the hangers should be positioned on the frame at an equal distance down from the frame's top edge.
Make sure that the picture hooks are perfectly level on the wall and spaced apart the same distance as the distance between the hangers on the frame.